A responsible servant of Jesus Christ who wishes to glorify God by developing and executing a technology strategy that keeps the NLS current and connected to affiliated secretariats. The Technology Administrator, in addition to enjoying the work of web site creation and maintenance, will assist in the development and distribution of Annual Gathering video/audio recordings.
- A National Lutheran Secretariat (NLS) Executive Board (EB) appointed position with no fixed length of service. The position will be reviewed annually and continued only by mutual consent of the current appointee and the President with Executive Committee (EC)
- Serves without compensation.
- Accountable to NLS EC through the Executive Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Pray regularly for the members of the NLS Board and the NLS affiliated secretariats.
- Be an active member of a renewal group.
- Manage overall technology strategy for NLS, apply new technologies, and be a reference for local secretariats.
- Lead Technology Committee of 3-5 persons in executing the formulated Technology strategy and appoint a Webmaster.
- Maintain all necessary logistics for the NLS web site and Facebook Page.
- Make timely additions and updates to the NLS web site and Facebook Page.
- Distribute email blasts and Facebook items as requested after approval of the President, Communications Director, or Executive Director.
- Provide links to as many related sites as reasonable (i.e. member secretariats, Church body web sites, sister ministries, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance during the Annual Gathering to the Host Committee, Newsletter Editor and the EC.
- Work with the Communications Director to send e-mail notices when the Conexiones is published on the web site.
- Update the “Locater Page” on the national web site to keep it consistent with the database.
- Post the latest Board minutes on the NLS web site.
- Provide creative input as to how to share the extensive library of tapes and videos of past seminars and presentations.
- Maintains an accurate and timely manual for this position including a timeline of responsibilities.
- Provides an annual report of activities to the VPA for inclusion in the Annual Gathering binder no later than June 1 of each year.
As assigned by the NLS President, Executive Director
Lead the Technology Committee, as well as the Host Committee video/audio recording activities and technology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Related Gifts
- Web site creation and maintenance skills.
- Working knowledge of communication tools necessary to meet NLS needs.
Appropriate expenditures/expense reports or receipts are to be filed with the NLS Treasurer that relate to the position, travel and need for meetings.
Extent of Public Contact
Typically via email or telephone only.